Legal Question in DUI Law in Minnesota

I just got convicted of a DUI above 2.0 this is the only thing on my driving record, what is the DMV going to do, does all vehicles in my household get Whiskey plates or just the ones in my name?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Based on the limited facts you present, I will provide you with general guidelines. Minnesota Department of Motor Vehicle consequences for driving impaired vary for each offender. Here is a link to a pamphlet regarding consequences: https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/ots/educational-materials/Documents/impaired-dwi-consequences.pdf I note that there are reasons why a person may not want to choose ignition interlock restricted driverís license. Plate impoundment pertains to any vehicle the alleged offender owns or co-owns or intends to drive during the time of plate impoundment.

For further assistance regarding your unique set of facts, I urge you to have a private consultation with an attorney. I recommend that you make several phone calls to attorneys, because it is important you feel a sense of great trust with the attorney you choose to counsel you.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq. & Associates PLLC

Minnesota attorneys ready to help you 365 days of the year until 8 p.m. daily

Phone 612-296-9666

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in Minnesota