Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

My 16 year old has failed a couple classes in school and his teachers are strongly suggesting that he retake them in summer school but he is court ordered to go to his dads over the summer with me having every other week end parenting time? What can/should I do his dad is persistent that he just retake these classes next year. He doesn't do well in school & I feel making him do them next year will over burden him causing even more failure and frustration on the child. Please help! Thank you

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I urge you immediately to confer with an attorney for legal advice. Certainly a top priority for any child is that he/she does as well as possible in school studies. Teachers' directives and recommendations are very important. You may phone me seven days. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. at 612-296-9666. I would discuss the matter with you in much further detail. All the best.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota