Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Custody of a disabled child/adult

As my disabled child is 16 1/2 and will need assistance beyond their 18th birthday can her father continue to hold them beyond the 18 birthday?

Asked on 10/24/07, 10:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jennifer Moore Moore Family Law, P.A.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Custody of a disabled child/adult

The issues of custody and child support related to disabled children are extremely complicated, and require far more information that you've provided here. I'm not entirely certain whether your concern is related to child support or custody and parenting time.

I strongly recommend that you speak to an attorney who is familiar with the particular concerns related to families of children with disabilities, as well as the usual family law topics of divorce, custody and child support.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/07, 10:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now