Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I was divorced in 1992; part of the settlement was to divide my husband's current 401K amount at the time of the divorce; the half awarded to me was to stay in his plan and grow (or shrink) and then be awarded to me at the time of his retirement from that company. He retired this summer and when I asked him to check on this, he told me that the statute of limitations was 10 years and so that agreement is not enforceable. We were divorced in Minnesota. Does this seem correct? The decree clearly states that the part set aside for me was to be awarded when he retired, not within 10 years. Thanks for any information or help you can offer to me.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You are in need of immediate attorney assistance, and you should not delay in seeking help. You are welcome to telephone me. Tricia Dwyer, Esq.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Telephone: (612) 296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. Daily

www.dwyerlawfirm.net

DIVORCE LAW

POST-DIVORCE LAW

FAMILY LAW

CIVIL LAW

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota