Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

A friend of mine has 50/50 custody with an ex boyfriend over a child through the court and he is not letting his son see his mother like he suppose too. So the way I see it he breaking the court order. What can my friend do so she can see her child like she suppose too and what could happen to him for not following the court order.

Asked on 5/12/13, 6:38 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Matthew Majeski Majeski Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She can file a motion for parenting time assistance and/or contempt for violating the order. She may need to attempt to participate in mediation or other ADR with him if the custody order says it must be attempted first. If she is not comfortable doing this alone, she should consider getting the help of a family law attorney.

Read more
Answered on 5/12/13, 6:56 pm
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

She must file a Motion for Contempt where she may seek a finding of contempt and remedial provisions including make up time for any time lost as well as an award of legal fees.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 3:17 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. The starting point would be to review the exact wording of the existing court order. I urge you have your friend herself seek private attorney advice at this time, to review the court order, discuss what exactly has been occurring, and decide on the best path or paths of action. Some attorneys, myself included, will confer for free, no charge, initially. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for need. All the best to you and your loved ones.

Read more
Answered on 5/13/13, 6:22 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now