Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Is there a legal (or non-legal) term for an instance where a lawyer is not happy with a judge's verdict and talks to another judge about the case, without permission from the previous judge?

Matthew Majeski Majeski Law, LLC

I'm not sure there is a specific term to the lawyer simply "talking to the judge". An appeal would refer to formally having the decision reviewed by a higher court.

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

No. There is no term for that other than, I presume, bouncing the matter of another Judge who is a colleague. There is nothing inappropriate about it so long as the new Judge colleague takes no action in an attempt to affect the case or its outcome. t

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You question is somewhat ambiguous and needs clarification. I urge you to seek private attorney counsel at this time if you have specifics concerns about some occurrence. If finances are an issue for you, some attorneys, myself included, will provide you with a reduced fee for your need. All the best. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. 612-296-9666 Minnesota Attorneys

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota