Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Is there a legal (or non-legal) term for an instance where a lawyer is not happy with a judge's verdict and talks to another judge about the case, without permission from the previous judge?

Asked on 5/06/13, 6:59 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Matthew Majeski Majeski Law, LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

I'm not sure there is a specific term to the lawyer simply "talking to the judge". An appeal would refer to formally having the decision reviewed by a higher court.

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 8:47 pm
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

No. There is no term for that other than, I presume, bouncing the matter of another Judge who is a colleague. There is nothing inappropriate about it so long as the new Judge colleague takes no action in an attempt to affect the case or its outcome. t

Read more
Answered on 5/06/13, 9:56 pm
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. You question is somewhat ambiguous and needs clarification. I urge you to seek private attorney counsel at this time if you have specifics concerns about some occurrence. If finances are an issue for you, some attorneys, myself included, will provide you with a reduced fee for your need. All the best. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. 612-296-9666 Minnesota Attorneys

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 6:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now