Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

Magistrate vs. Judge

1st What if attached with the Child Support Modification a request for medical reimbursement is to be attached. Would it still be filed before a magistrate or district court judge?

2nd Does an Attorney make the decision of which to file infront of (magistrate vs. DC judge) or does the Clerk of District court?

Asked on 5/13/08, 9:01 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Magistrate vs. Judge

Both issues deal with a form of child support and may be filed before a child support Magistrate. The person filing the Motion makes the decision and, where the issues are exclusively suport, it should be a Magistrate.

For a consultation call 612.240.8005 or visit

Read more
Answered on 5/13/08, 2:10 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now