Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I have sole physical custody of my child. I would like to move to another city in the same state (approximately 150 miles from where I currently live). Do I need to go through the courts before I move to reestablish parenting time?

Asked on 7/13/13, 11:32 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. The starting point is always to view the exact wording of the existing court order. Please do have a private attorney help you and review the wording. If you reside in a remote area, any Minnesota licensed attorney may assist you. There may be extenuating issues or concerns to address as well. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys (myself included) will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq., 7 days

Phone: 612-296-9666

Twin Cities - St. Cloud







Read more
Answered on 7/13/13, 12:46 pm
Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You do not need consent or court permission. However, if there is a parenting schedule for the other parent, it must be followed unless otherwise modified. You may wish to seek mediation of the issues before relocating.

Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 6:14 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now