Minnesota  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/07/11, 11:50 am

My wife's ex isn't paying for our step-daughters health insurance, like he is suppose to and agreed too. They were never married, so there is no divorce agreement(had kid as teens). He said if I pay the premiums, he'd pay me back. He's a longtime deadbeat ($15k+ in back child support due), so I am not confident he'll be reimbursing me on premiums, let alone the $2500 deductible, I'd have to pay out-of-pocket. What kind of protections do I have (state of MN). He's already in state mandated payroll deduction and we get his state tax returns. Can I put a lien on some of his property or what? The extra premiums are an extra $120/mo. for her and we're living tight, like everyone else. Any info would help.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search