Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Minnesota

A ball cage (20-30 lb) at Target fell off the top shelf onto my head and also hit my grandson. (I never even touched the cage, but took a nerf ball out.) First aid was about 5-10 minutes wait. The cage was not properly secured. I also pointed out that all the nuts holding the cage together were extremely loose. Target told me to have the hospital bill them directly, which I did. I spent about 3 hours in the ER and the incidnet ruined our day. Beyond my medical bills, should I seek out other damages due to their negligence? I plan to talk to a store manager to review their safety standards that the manager on duty at the time told me they adhere to.

Christopher Walsh Walsh Law Firm

If Target negligently stocked or maintained its shelves or the ball cage, you may have a claim. Damages besides medical bills could include pain,scars, suffering, permanent injury and wage loss. Ask the store manager for their liability insurance and medical payments coverage. Target may be self-insured up to a point. Call or email with further questions.

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Minnesota

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms