Legal Question in Immigration Law in Minnesota

How to help recover someones green card and papers?

Asked on 9/19/13, 6:28 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. If you are outside the U.S.A., you should contact the nearest U.S. Consulate. Within the U.S., you may apply for a replacement of certain documents. If someone is knowingly withholding your green card and papers from you, I recommend you confer privately with an attorney, You are welcome to contact me for assistance. Know that generally: Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.


Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

[email protected]


Read more
Answered on 9/19/13, 6:39 pm
Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on what you mean by "recover". Did they lose their documents or greencard? Are they in the United States?

Generally, the person can file a FOIA request with USCIS to obtain a copy of their file, & they can file Form I-90 for a replacement greencard.

These forms can be obtained at the USCIS website at & under the "forms" link.

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 12:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now