Minnesota  |  Immigration Law

My tourist visa will expire meanwhile i'm waiting for my visa bulletin date. If I stay longer then my visa I will by illegal or not? because I have applied for I-130 that was approved.

Answered on: 9/02/13, 5:21 am by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. The approval means that Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is safisfied that the required relationship between the petitioner/sponsor and the intended beneficiary exists. Approval is not the green card. Please have an attorney review your documents and advise you.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 days of the year, until 8 p.m. daily

IMMIGRATION - VISA LAW

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404

Answered on: 9/02/13, 7:19 am by Marlene Hemmings

If you are not in the "immediate relative" category, which I assume you are not, since you have not filed for adjustment of status, then you would be required to maintain a valid non-immigrant status until your priority date becomes current. If not, any periods out of status could lead to a bar to adjustment.

However, you should have an attorney review your documents, since you have not provided enough specific information.

Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law 23371 Mulholland Drive, Suite 294 Woodland Hills, 91364

Answered on: 9/03/13, 4:23 pm by Rebecca White

You don't give quite enough information regarding the basis of the filing of the I-130 immigrant visa, but it sounds as though you will likely need to depart the US when your visitor status is up as it doesn't sound as if you are an immediate relative.

Law Office of Rebecca White Seattle, WA 98154