Legal Question in Employment Law in Minnesota

i was fired from my job of 19 years and will be filling for unemployment. I believe the company will dispute paying unemployment, should i retain a lawyer now or wait to see if im denied and have to appeal

Asked on 10/05/13, 3:02 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Anderson Anderson Business Law LLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may wish to determine the potential of claim for UE benefits ( key issue is misconduct or whether voluntary quit).

Also, did company have a formal or informal severance policy?

19 years is a long time.

Call or email for further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/13, 5:07 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. Based on my experience, I urge you seek legal counsel right away, prior to applying. You may phone me as to forming an agreement for assistance to you.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC





Read more
Answered on 10/05/13, 3:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now