Minnesota  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/01/13, 4:28 pm

My husband, 3 kids (10, 5, and 6 months) and I have been living in this 2 bedroom apartment for going on 2 years. Beginning of 2012 we noticed we were having a leaky ceiling in our kids' room that we have reported to them for months and we wanted the problem fixed before our baby was born Nov 2012) and before winter hit. Well finally they set a day to come in and fix the problem with an agreement stating they will fix problem by the specified date (Oct 12, 2012) which it was done til end of Oct. They stated problems were fixed but after this winter has passed the ceiling started leaking yet again. I have concerns for my children because the tile could have fallen onto one of them and the landlords have stated the problems were fixed . What can or should I do next? I have copies of everything.

2 Answers

Answered on: 5/01/13, 5:19 pm by David Anderson

Go to this link:


Call them first thing Thursday AM

They can help

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Mahoney Anderson LLC P.O. Box 44504 Eden Prairie, MN 55344

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 5/02/13, 7:36 am by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. Your problem sounds extraordinarily dangerous and must be very distressing and stressful in a nonstop manner. No one should have their children living in danger. You have several possible paths of action, and I do urge you to take immediate action. Your exact location (town, county) is important to know. I suggest you have a consultation with an attorney knowledgeable in landlord-tenant law. The attorney will discuss the facts with you in greater detail prior to providing you with detailed legal advice tailored to your needs. As stated, your location is an element to the legal advice that will be provided to you. If you reside in a remote area, you may make arrangements to confer with the attorney by phone. If finances are an issue for you, some attorneys, including myself, will provide a reduced fee to you. I urge you to act with no delay and all the best to you and your family.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search