Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in Minnesota

I live in an apartment, when we moved in the landlord mentioned that somebody had put up a ceiling fan in the kitchen but they apparently felt no need to take it down. One day I turned on the fan and a blade snapped off and flew through the living room and broke our six month old television. When the handyman came he refused to replace the fan with anything but a light fixture because he said the same thing would happen again because it wasn't meant for a fan. Is the landlord responsible for the cost of my television? They are offering to pay half but I can't help but feel I'm getting the short end of the stick.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You would need attorney review of your lease agreement in order for you to be provided with a legal opinion as to your rights and possible remedies. If the amount of money at stake is large, then, please do confer with an attorney. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.

TRICIA DWYER, ESQ.

Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily

dwyer.tricia@gmail.com

http://dwyerlawfirm.net

LANDLORD TENANT LAW

CIVIL LAW

CONCILIATION COURT

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in Minnesota

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms