Minnesota  |  Legal Malpractice

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/27/07, 11:32 pm

Attorney malpractice

How/where do I find an attorney who will sue another attorney? Divorce lawyer handed a hearing off to an unprepared ''colleague'' resulting in me having to file an amended tax return and repay the IRS $5000+. Then he withdrew from my case with 2 days notice, less than 30 days to the pre-trial hearing, and 3 days from my husband's Contempt of Court threat. He refused to release my file to another attorney unless I signed a ''substitute of attorney'' form. My new lawyer is trying to clean up the mess. Should I report this to the MN Professional Responsibility Board myself? 4 lawyers I checked with are of the opinion that this guy ''wastes people's money, wastes the court's time, and give inappropriate advice. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search