Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Minnesota

Hello. About a year and a half ago, I gave birth to premature twin baby boys at a local hospital. My husband was away in the military and could not come to be with me until the next day. By then, our sons Eli and Enoch had already passed away. I was told by the doctors that the labor was due to cervical incompetence. A year later, I still couldn't shake the feeling that something was not right. I contacted the head of OB at the hospital who told me I had a yeast infection that caused the preterm labor, and that there was nothing they could have done about it. I then requested my medical records. Upon receiving my records, I found that the yeast infection had been noted by a nurse almost three months before. I was not told, nor was it treated. I have been searching for an attorney, but have not been able to find any who would take the case upon contingency, as I cannot afford the court fees at this time. The statue of limitations for this case is three years, so I only have about a year to seek peace for our family. If you can or know of anyone who can help to bring my family justice, I would greatly appreciate it. Not only for Eli and Enoch, but for all of the families who have lost loved ones because of negligent care.

Thank you for our time,

-Melody

Dominique Navarro Larry B. Stevens & Associates

Be interested in seeing the medical reports and hearing your story.

Dom

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Minnesota