Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I am 64 years old and near retirement age. I want to transfer the property (house) to my wife and daughter. The property is currently owned by me and my wife. We are still paying mortgage on the house.

My question is that if I want to transfer the house to my wife and daughter, what are the steps required? What would be the easiest way? In transferring the house title, do I need to include my daughter in the mortgage and take me out of the mortgage?

Asked on 10/23/13, 10:12 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. For an attorney to assist you, she/he will want to know fuller details of your wishes and needs, and your full financial picture. As to debt owed on a mortgage, absent some odd agreement to the contrary, transferring a title does not act to end an existing obligation to a creditor.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph: 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Read more
Answered on 10/23/13, 6:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now