Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I have a customer that owes me money for materials delivered, he has a boat,would I have a right to take it and hold it for payment??

David Hellmuth Hellmuth & Johnson, PLLC

Typically, you would have to sue the customer and get a judgment before you can take his assets. We handle lots of collection matters, so if you plan to hire legal counsel, I would be able to assist you. dhellmuth@hjlawfirm.com.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. If you mean, "Can I grab that boat?" because a person owes you money, the answer is no, you cannot just take someone's boat. Following a "judgment" in a civil lawsuit, you would have the option of possibly having certain assets seized (as well as other possible paths of recourse that may be or may not be simpler). There is often more than one way effectively to address your problem, with cost-effectiveness in mind. I certainly recommend that you confer privately with an attorney at this time. I recommend you make several phone calls in choosing an attorney to help you, because it is very important that you feel comfortable with the attorney and that you feel a sense of great trust in the relationship. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone 612-296-9666 every day of the year until 8 p.m. daily

Private email: dwyer.tricia@gmail.com

Minnesota law firm - aim for cost-effectiveness, your finances considered in fee

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota