Minnesota  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/13, 6:00 pm

We live in a townhouse. Last winter we had ice dams on the roof and 8 inches of ice on our sidewalk leading to the front door making it very dangerous to use it. We requested that the townhouse Association find a solution to this problem and correct it for us. The Association is recommending the application of heat tape to the roof and gutters to eliminate the ice buildup. The estimated cost is $870. The Association has decided that the cost belongs to the homeowner. Since we do not own the roof, gutters or sidewalk (considered common elements) and if someone gets hurt, it is the responsibility of the Association, how can it be our responsibility to pay to fix the problem. Need advice how to move forward. Thanks.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search