Minnesota  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/26/13, 1:52 pm

I am in pre-foreclosure, with the inability to make a payment on our house. I was told by the bank the foreclosure could take up to another year. In the meantime the public utilities continues to charge a minimum fee for the property, which I have to pay. How can I legally stop them from billing me?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/26/13, 2:00 pm by Sam Calvert

Are you not living in the home? The cost of utilities is usually a small fraction of what rent to live somewhere else would be.

If you are not in the property, don't want to be in the property, you could talk to the bank about "voluntary foreclosure" and/or a deed in lieu of foreclsoure to get the property out of your name sooner.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Calvert Law Office 1011 2nd ST N #107 Saint Cloud, MN 56303

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search