Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

in the property dispute i forgot to ask question, sorry.here goes, does the fact that the supreme court ruled that the courts do not have statutatory discretion in road matters, does that automatically overrule the previous decision by the district court that said our trail was a common law dedicated road.the township says its private.thanks .i have one more, how can the court put a liability on me by sayin it is a public road without a road authority to maintain and have juristriction over it? there is more also.we do not have any funds left for attorney fees so i must try to do this on my own i guess.i shouldnt have had to spend 25000 on fees already as we do not have any easments across our land and the road authority says its private road too, should we? plesde refer to kennedy v. pepin tnshp.wabasha co. thanks for sny advise.

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers

A Supreme Court Decision in an unrelated matter does not over-rule a District Court Order in your case. It may form a basis for an appeal of that District Court Order, however.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota

Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA