Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

I purchased a mobile home in Minnesota. There are two peoples names on the title. When I bought the mobile home I bought it from one person, now the other person wants more money from me for her part. I have a signed bill of sale stating that there are no liens and he has good and marketable title to said property. The other person will not sign the title. I have paid this in full 6 months ago.

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. You may need to initiate legal action; your attorney will assist you and advise you in detail.

Sam Calvert Calvert Law Office

I assume the second person was not living in the home when you moved in. You likely may have a claim against the person who signed the bill of sale. That person may or may not be collectible. Assuming you are dealing with a mobile home which has not been attached to real estate, do you have the title card for it? That would control over whatever people are telling you. Also, were the former owners divorced? If so, the divorce decree may have awarded it to one or the other of the persons.

After you do some investigation you should review the results with a lawyer and try to decide what to do.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota