Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Minnesota

Purchasing a home

Can I buy an apartment in a building that does not allow pets if I have a service animal that I need in order to survive?

Asked on 6/01/09, 7:06 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Maury Beaulier612.240.8005 Minnesota Lawyers
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Purchasing a home

There are two Minnesota laws which include similar provisions for access to public accommodations andto housing for persons using or training service dogs. Minnesota Statutes 256C.02 and 256C.025 prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability inr egard to access to public accommodations and to housing accommodations.

Similarily, there are two sections of the Minnesota Human Rights Act that provide similar access rights including Minnesota Statutes 363.03, Subd. 2(5) which provides that a person with a disability cannot be denied housing because he or she uses a service animal.

Read more
Answered on 6/01/09, 11:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now