Minnesota  |  Traffic Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/06/13, 4:53 am

i appeared in hennepin county district court for a traffic ticket of failure to obey a stop sign. i had a court trial and presented a witness and other evidence to show the officer was wrong. the judge made comments to the effect "it is doubtful the officer could see if the truck made a complete stop from being behind the truck and a block and a hlf away, but his testimony was credible so he was going to find me guilty. i visited the scene after hearing what the officer claimed and found that what he stated was imposible to be true. (the block before the alleged violation has a downward slope and a vehicle cannot be seen by a car that is trailing it.) in light of this newly found fact, is there a way to ask to have this matter heard again or at least this new evidence be presented to the court without having to go to an appeal process??

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search