Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Minnesota

4 relatives inherited a house together. 2 moved in, as to update/improve the dwelling for selling. My question is can I loose my 1/4 share if it takes too long to sell? Or is there some legal document, other than the will, that continues to give me my legal rights to this property?

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I believe you are asking whether an owner of a home may lose her/his ownership interest solely due to the passage of time itself. The answer is no. You likely have further concerns (due to their being four relatives involved, and two residing in the home), and, if so, I urge you to seek private attorney counsel and advice at this time. If finances are an issue for you, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee for your need. Tricia Dwyer, Esq. at 612-296-9666.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Minnesota