Minnesota  |  Workers Comp

Should two co-worker's injured in the same incident use the same law firm/ or attorney? Or is it in their best interest to go to completely different firms? And why?

Any additional information would be very much appreciated! Thanx!

Michele H.

Answered on: 5/28/13, 1:26 pm by J. Chris Carpenter

It depends. Sometimes your story and your co-worker's story may differ. That can create conflicts. I think of the cases as separate cases and would try to keep it that way. So,it is easier to have one lawyer handle the case, but sometimes creates conflicts. I have done it and have had success representing two workers in the same accident.

Chesley Kroon Chambers and Harvey 75 Teton Lane Mankato, MN 56001

Answered on: 5/28/13, 6:40 pm by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. I suggest you read the Minnesota Rules of Professional Responsibility regarding "conflicts of interest" as a starting point. That will help you discern for yourself. Should you need an attorney: Some attorneys, myself included, are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will confer initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys, myself included, will provide reduced fee for financial hardship. All the best.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404