Legal Question in Workers Comp in Minnesota

My friend had a heart attack at work and died. Does workers compensation pay his widow any thing? His childern are all grown up but he leaves a wife of 32 years behind.

Asked on 9/10/10, 8:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

J. Chris Carpenter Chesley Kroon Chambers and Harvey
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Heat attack cases are very hard to win. If you win, there are benefits available to hsi wife and children. His spouse and dependent children are entitled to a minimum of $60,000 in dependency compensation, if it was found to be work-related. Please feel free to call me to discuss this matter. This is a complex area of the law and it is unlikely the insurer will willingly pay out benefits.

Chris Carpenter

(507) 625 3000

Read more
Answered on 9/15/10, 8:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now