Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

In my husbands court order, if either party move over 100 miles away, they have to meet half way to exchange the kids. However, she is insisting that she does not have to PROVE her residency to us or the court. That we are suppose to believe her word on where she moved to. Therefore, we are not going to meet her half way to pick the kids up until she proves to us and the court that she has moved over 100 miles away. In this case, who is contempt? Or does she still have to bring the kids to us until she proves her residency to us and the court?

Asked on 3/06/12, 9:37 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Miss. Chancery Court Rule 8.06 requires each party to file notice with the court within five days of moving the following: full address including state, city, street; house number; and telephone number if available. Failure to comply is cause for contempt of court.

Read more
Answered on 3/08/12, 6:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now