Legal Question in Civil Rights Law in Mississippi

An incident happened here at my home that I wasn't sure what happened and as the officer was asking questions I asked if he was wrong about the info he received can I get an apology he replies"shut the fuck up,and get your ass in the house..is that right

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

You cannot determine whether he was acting "right" from your question. Cops are not always right, and don't always act right. However, no one in Mississippi always acts right. Remember that all Cops have a dangerous job, and are armed. Because of this, a good rule of thumb is to cooperate with every cop, even if they bother you at home. Also, never question a cop's authority, or the propriety of his actions, while he is doing his job. Regardless of whether the offending cop is right or wrong, you could get assaulted, arrested, tased, and/or shot, if he is threatened by you, or for any other reason. This is not to say you cannot contact him later to discuss something, report him to his supervisor, or file a lawsuit.

More Civil Rights Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Civil Rights Law Legal Forms