Legal Question in Consumer Law in Mississippi

I was in a car accident 2 weeks ago involving horses that were loose on an open road in rural Tennessee. I was on my way to work around 7:50 am traveling north when a herd of horses were stampeding running south. I had injuries, missed 2 days and my vehicle is totaled. I only had liability insurance. The property was owned by someone else. The horses owner was renting the property. State Auto Insurance (the horse owner's insurance) refused the claim stating that it was an act of God why the horses escaped and refuse liability. However, there are several witnesses that saw the horses were loose and the owners looking for them even one witness seeing the horses in the fence while traveling on the same road before my accident trying to escape as if the were spooked. Do I somewhat have a case?

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

You have a case. The horse owner is strictly liable for the damage caused by his wild horses. Per usual, the insurance company is refusing to pay a valid claim.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Consumer Law Legal Forms