Legal Question in Consumer Law in Mississippi

I have a quick question please. I bought a motor for my sons car paid 695 dollars it was used with 90k miles on it, had a mechanic put the motor in which cost me 700 dollars. Two days later the car quit and we found out the motor I had just bought was bad. Called the company i bought the motor from they replaced me with another motor since that one was under waranty, but refuse to give me a new invoice on the new motor which according to them only has 50k miles and states there is no new warranty I still had to use the warranty that was on the previous motor I got from them which has already had 3 weeks taken off of it. Also the same mechanic had to put the motor in a second time, which he is still working on. Isnt it the companies place to pay the mechanic since it wasn't mine or the mechanics fault the motor they sold me was bad from the get go??? And aren't they required to give me and invoice on the new motor along with its full warranty?

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski

It would seem you have a claim against seller of the engine for breach of contract, breach of warranty, and/or negligence. You could recover the mechanic costs in justice court.

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Consumer Law Legal Forms