Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

Can you have charges placed upon you after being released by police

Asked on 6/16/13, 10:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, as long as the complaint is filed in court before the statute of limitations expires. Miss. Code Ann. 99-1-5 sets forth the statute of limitations for most criminal charges.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 11:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now