Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

I know someone that is currently incarcerated and still married. He has not even been with her since 2008. He is wanting a divorce and has asked her multiple times with no response. Is there any way that he can have it done while he is serving time? Without her!

Asked on 2/18/13, 6:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. While in jail, you can file for divorce in a Mississippi chancery court. You would not need the wife to sign the divorce petition if you allege fault based grounds for divorce.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 7:39 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now