Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

I live in Mississippi and was wanting to know if I could press charges of fornication on my spouse's live in boyfriend without having to press adultery charges on my spouse?

Asked on 5/24/13, 12:54 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Fortunately, it is not against the law to fornicate in Mississippi. There is a cohabitation statute, making it a misdemeanor for a man and a woman to "unlawfully cohabitate. However it is highly unlikely any prosecutor would pursue such a charge. The cohabitation statute is unconstitutional.

Read more
Answered on 7/02/13, 2:45 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now