Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

If motion paperwork has clerical errors, such as, name & social security # wrong, is that a "technicality" & grounds for dismissal?

Asked on 4/15/13, 9:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

It depends on the clerical errors. Filing a complaint against the wrong person could be grounds for dismissal. You file an amended complaint or motion, but usually you must first obtain leave of court to do so.

Read more
Answered on 7/11/13, 5:50 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now