Legal Question in Criminal Law in Mississippi

When u pea a no contest can the other party ask for a restitution

Asked on 11/01/13, 6:39 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Woodall Wayne Woodall Attorney
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes. Any award of "restitution" is in the discretion of the Court and limited to the jurisdictional authority (limits) of the Court. In doing so you may be limited to a sum less than the damages actually suffered, so it is suggested that you check with the Court first to ascertain if the Court is inclined to Order restitution or damages and if so what monetary limitations would apply in that specific Court.

In Circuit Courts in Mississippi there is no monetary cap on damages.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/13, 9:42 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now