Legal Question in Education Law in Mississippi

University responsibility

I have a aituation where a thesis has went way beyond the time frame required. I have completed all that was asked of me and feel that my instructor and advisor are incompetant. This situation is costing a great deal of money as well as stress. Currently, I am unable to get a response from anyone at the University. What ground do I have to stand on?

Asked on 5/22/07, 1:29 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Regina Mullen Legal Data Services, PLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: University responsibility

This doesn't make a lot of sense. Set up an appointment with your advisor and work something out. They're not feeling the pressure you are, and so it's up to you to work things out in a way that benefits you.

If you're having trouble communicating, then ask for on-campus mediation.

If there isn't such an office, try a local dispute resolution center to help facilitate the conversation.

Read more
Answered on 5/23/07, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Education Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now