Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

Got a divorce and when I got the paperwork from the court, my lawyer forgot to get my maiden name back, what can I do?

Asked on 12/27/12, 1:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Go to social security and apply for a name change. Then file a motion under the court's docket for the divorce asking for a name change. Alternatively, you can file a new action in chancery court requesting your name change.

Read more
Answered on 1/28/13, 7:14 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now