Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/07/09, 12:37 pm

Family Court

My divorce was finalized in MS and I now live in AL. Can I resolve my issues in AL or do i need to do so in MS? The issues involve child custody, child support, and visitation.

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/08/09, 9:01 pm by Mary Milek

Re: Family Court

Mississippi has continuing jurisdiction in your case. If your ex has moved from Mississippi as well, then you could likely enroll your Final Decree in the state where the children live, be that AL or elsewhere.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Milek Law Firm PO Box 1144 Oxford, MS 38655-1144

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search