Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/03/13, 10:06 am

Hello. My name is Lindsay Miskelly and my son Austin is 4. His biological father does not pay child support and has made it clear he wants nothing to do with him. I have always told him that anytime he wanted to see Austin that he was welcome to come to the house, but he has never come to see him. By mississippi law can i take him to court for child abandonment and have his rights taken away?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/03/13, 10:31 am by Timothy Matusheski

It depends on what rights you want taken away. However it does not seem that his failure to pay child support or exercise visitation could be grounds to terminate his parental rights.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski 708 Horton St New Smyrna Beach, FL 32169

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search