Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/24/07, 11:25 am


my son's accused father is a family lawyer himself and has prolonged the case for 2 yrs. In Feb we received orders for paternity test at his expense and to this day he has not turned in any paperwork. We have court schd for 5-31-07. My lawyer just called and stated that I may not even have to attend and that she had been speaking to him regarding the case. I don't feel as though just because he is a lawyer himself that he should be given time after time before something in done and it's not fair. This case has been pending for 2 years and nothing has been done. What can I do? I thought after the first time he didn't show up for the paternity that meant that he was automatically claiming my son as his child, but no he gets another chance and still didn't do what he was suppose to do. Plus if he isn't his child, why would he send me $200 a month which has now stopped also. please help me so that when i do go to court or do receive a call from my lawyer, I'll know what's right because I know that this isn't.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search