Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

Paternity

my son's accused father is a family lawyer himself and has prolonged the case for 2 yrs. In Feb we received orders for paternity test at his expense and to this day he has not turned in any paperwork. We have court schd for 5-31-07. My lawyer just called and stated that I may not even have to attend and that she had been speaking to him regarding the case. I don't feel as though just because he is a lawyer himself that he should be given time after time before something in done and it's not fair. This case has been pending for 2 years and nothing has been done. What can I do? I thought after the first time he didn't show up for the paternity that meant that he was automatically claiming my son as his child, but no he gets another chance and still didn't do what he was suppose to do. Plus if he isn't his child, why would he send me $200 a month which has now stopped also. please help me so that when i do go to court or do receive a call from my lawyer, I'll know what's right because I know that this isn't.

Jan Butler Jan R. Butler

Re: Paternity

If you feel like the father lawyer is deliberately delaying the case, you might wish to call the Bar association and make a complaint.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi