Mississippi  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/26/11, 9:33 am

Am I still responsible for paying child support if my ex-wife no longer lives with my 17 yr old, and he is living with his pregnant girlfriend?

2 Answer

Answered on: 10/26/11, 9:40 am by Dustin Thomas

You must pay until the Court says stop. You need to file for a modification and ask the court to find that he is emancipated. Your son may agree that he is, talk to a lawyer and be ready to show that he lives away from home, mom does not support him and, if applicable, he is not in school full time, he works full time etc., Do not stop paying until court says you can.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Offices of Dustin N. Thomas, PLLC 525 Krebs Avenue. PO Box 1270 Pascagoula, MS 39568-1270

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search