Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

if my ex wife leaves the state can she take the child with her if i do not agree

Asked on 4/04/12, 5:12 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joel Blackledge Blackledge Law Firm, PA
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If custody has been established by the court (and she has primary custody), unless you can show to the court that the move would be a detrimental change in circumstances to the child, she can take the child. Case law has established that even a move out of the country is not detrimental.

Read more
Answered on 4/08/12, 3:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now