Legal Question in Civil Litigation in Mississippi

Small claims court

I have a mobile home that has several serious problems. I contacted the fire marshall and he made a report on behalf of HUD. My question is can I sue Oakwood in small claims court at different times for different problems with the same home? If not can I sue for one problem, my wife for another, ect... ?

I really can't sue in civil court since they have filed for reorganization bankrupsty.

Asked on 1/04/03, 12:14 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Albert Pettigrew Law Offices Ph 228-875-8736
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: Small claims court

Until the mobile home manufacturer is discharged from bankruptcy, any claims against it must be pursued in the bankruptcy court. Therefore, you should consult a bankruptcy attorney as soon as possible to protect whatever claims you have.

Read more
Answered on 1/04/03, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

General Civil Litigation Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now