Legal Question in Personal Injury in Mississippi

Hello,

I was hit on a college campus by another student on December 6th. I am just now hearing back from the insurance company after calling several times. They have agreed to pay all of my medical bills and compensate me $1,500. I feel as if that is not enough. I was off of work for two weeks from two jobs. Is that enough?

Wayne Woodall Wayne Woodall Attorney

You should demand a sum which is three times the total of (1) all lost pay from both jobs plus (2) all medical bills in the past for this injury and (3) all future medical expenses anticipated related to this injury. If the carrier offers anything less consult with an Attorney and go get representation. Even after the attorney deducts his or her fee from the ultimate settlement it is most likely you will end up with more money than you would without competent counsel.

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Mississippi