Legal Question in Personal Injury in Mississippi


I was hit on a college campus by another student on December 6th. I am just now hearing back from the insurance company after calling several times. They have agreed to pay all of my medical bills and compensate me $1,500. I feel as if that is not enough. I was off of work for two weeks from two jobs. Is that enough?

Asked on 4/12/12, 8:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Wayne Woodall Wayne Woodall Attorney
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You should demand a sum which is three times the total of (1) all lost pay from both jobs plus (2) all medical bills in the past for this injury and (3) all future medical expenses anticipated related to this injury. If the carrier offers anything less consult with an Attorney and go get representation. Even after the attorney deducts his or her fee from the ultimate settlement it is most likely you will end up with more money than you would without competent counsel.

Read more
Answered on 4/16/12, 10:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Personal Injury Law and Tort Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now