Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Mississippi

I want to file a quit claim deed transferring title from my father to my father and myself. Do they hold title in mississippi as joint tenants? My father is a single man and I am a single woman.

Asked on 5/09/13, 12:47 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Timothy Matusheski Law Offices of Timothy J. Matusheski
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Mississippi presumes that property titled to two people is held as tenants in common. If you want the property to become the sole property of the survivor of you or your father, you should transfer the property from your father to you and your father as joint tenants with right of survivorship and not as tenants in common.

Read more
Answered on 5/09/13, 1:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Mississippi

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now