Legal Question in Workers Comp in Mississippi

still cant work

I sustained a calcaneous fracture on the job Dec.15,2003. We decided not to do surgery,since there was no guarentee that it would heal properly. I went through weeks of physical therapy after the cast was removed. Physical therapists were planning more treatment but my doctor released me to go back to work May 3,2004. I have been back to work now for two weeks and I find the pain is sometimes unbearable. When I get home it is always swollen. I dont think I can continue this way. What are my options, now that I am no longer on workers compensation?

Austin Nimocks Austin R. Nimocks & Associates, P.L.L.C.

Re: still cant work

It sounds as if you have suffered a permanent disability and, if you have, you are entitled to permanent disability compensation. How much depends, in part, on how much money you were making at the time of your injury and the extent of the disability to your foot. Additionally, you may need to undergo a FCE (Functional Capacity Evaluation) or be evaluated by a Vocational Expert in order to determine the full extent of your disability. You may be able to extract a settlement from the insurance company on your own, but you should probably consult a workers' compensation attorney so that they can take a closer look at things. Best of luck.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms