Legal Question in Workers Comp in Mississippi

worker's compensation timeline

I was injured on the job in May 2007. I reported the injury at that time but denied opening an actual claim for treatment. The pain worsened and in October 2007, I asked for a claim. It was opened, and I received modest treatment. Then, I left the job voluntarily to move to another state. The injury continued to worsen. I asked for the claim to be reopned in Feb. 2008 and it was opened, but the carrier denied authorizing any treatment. I attempted treatment from them from February 2008 until August 2008 and they denied the whole time. I finally obtained a job, risking further injury, just to get health ins and treatment. I finally received treatment (under my own health ins. policy) and the injury was found by MRI to be much worse than I thought. Is it too late to continue with this claim and how do I get them to authorize treatment in another state?

Steve Renick Bloom & Kinnear P.A.

Re: worker's compensation timeline

There are a number of legal issues in your problem, and there is no simple answer. You certainly may be entitled to further medical treatment. Generally speaking, in the State of Florida, it does not make a difference if you are employed where you are hurt, you still are entitled to workers compensation benefits if you followed specific steps. You need an competent workers compensation attorney NOW, do not wait and try to handle this yourself.

Let me know if I can help any further

Steve Renick

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Mississippi

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms