Legal Question in Family Law in Missouri

My husband and I are separated. We have a vehicle that is in both of our names that is financed. He is in possession of the vehicle. He is two payments behind and I would like to get the vehicle from him and catch the payments up. He will not reliquish the vehicle to me. He wants to voluntarily surrender it to the finance company. How can I get possession of this vehicle? I do understand that we are both responsible for the payments.

Asked on 12/28/10, 8:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Barbara Hecht Barbara E. Hecht, P.C.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your husband does not want the vehicle any more, you might consider contacting the finance company and inform them that you want the vehicle and you will make the payments and coordinate this with your husband.

Read more
Answered on 1/03/11, 4:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Missouri

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now